The Ultimate Guide on How to Put on a Dog harness
Some US dog owners choose to use a leash rather than a collar on their dog to make it more comfortable or to reduce the likelihood that it will release the leash. There are three types of dog harnesses near me to choose from. This step-by-step guide by Julius-K9 LLC will give you all the information you need about how to put on a dog harness.
Standard Dog Harness
Different types of harnesses need to be installed in different ways. Let's start with the steps to using a standard harness. The standard harness has one loop around the ribs, one loop in the neck, and a D-ring on the dog's back to clamp the strap. Follow these steps to put on a standard harness.
- Stand, sit or squat behind your dog and place him in a standing or sitting position. It is best to do this when your dog is calm.
- Slip the harness over your dog's head. Make sure the harness is positioned so that the D-ring is on the back of your dog.
- Slip your dog's leg through the first leg hole of the harness.
- Buckle harness; so that the other leg of your dog is in the right foot hole.
- After the harness is bent, adjust it so that it fits correctly. You should be able to slip two fingers under any rope. Try to pull the bridle over your dog's head to make sure it's safe.
Step-In Dog Harness: Know How to Put on a Dog Harness
Now, let's look at the steps of using a step-in harness. If you’re searching for “dog harness near me”, and are ready to make a purchase, you should definitely educate yourself before buying.
Follow these steps for putting on step-in dog harness.
- Place the bridle on the ground so that you can clearly see the two triangles. The buckle must be above the D-ring.
- Hold your dog from behind and place the front legs in the two triangles.
- Lift both ends of the harness and pinch together on the back of your dog.
- Adjust the harness accordingly. Try to pull it over your dog's head to make sure it's safe.
How to Attach the Front Harness Clip
Finally, let's see how to attach the front harness clip. The front clip harness has a strap clip on the front above the dog's chest and is designed to prevent pulling. Follow the steps to take advantage of that.
- Kneel on the right side of your dog when he calmly sits or stands.
- Place a tie strap over your dog's head. The label harness must be placed on his left shoulder, and the metal ring for the strap must be in the center of his chest.
- Reach under your dog's stomach and tighten the abdomen.
- Adjust the harness to suit your dog. Make sure you can't pull it over his head.
Contact Us Today!
We at Julius-K9 LLC know that when you’re searching for “dog harnesses near me,” you want to find the perfect harness in a decent amount of time. You can trust our US business to provide the best quality dog harnesses. Not only do we sell dog harness, but we help with the process of how to put on a dog harness. Contact us today.