Dog Training: Introducing Your Dog To Your Baby
You just had a baby! Congratulations! This is an exciting time for your entire family. Even your dog is excited. Because of this, it is important that your dog doesn't get too excited that he accidentally causes harm to your newborn baby. Here at Julius-K9, our experts are here to make sure that your faithful pup has proper dog training to ensure that the safety of your child. We also specialize in a top rated dog harness that you need to take advantage of. We are available to everyone in the U.S.
It Is Time For A Proper Introduction
Here are a few tips for preparing your dog for the new arrival.
- Focus on leadership. Nine months is more than enough time for you and your pet to work through most issues and smooth out any unwanted habits, and for you to establish yourself as the unwavering pack leader. If necessary, hire a professional to work with you.
- Be aware of your energy. Pregnancy affects the entire household. You may feel excited, anxious, or worried. Remember, your dog will mirror your emotions.
- Claim your baby's scent. Bring an item that contains your baby's scent, such as a burp cloth, from the hospital before bringing home the baby. Challenge the dog to sniff from a distance, while you are holding the item.
- Establish boundaries around the nursery. Condition your dog to understand that there is an invisible barrier that she may not cross without your permission.
- Control the introduction. Start by taking your dog on a long walk. Be sure to drain all of your dog's energy. Before returning, wait at the doorstep; make sure your dog is in a calm-submissive state before inviting her in. Upon entering, your dog will instantly know there is a new scent in the house.
- Teach your baby. Once your child is in the exploratory state, it is important to supervise all interactions between him or her and the dog. This is a great opportunity to teach your child not to bother the dog, yank her tail, etc. These lessons on mutual respect cannot begin early enough.
- Don't forget the dog. A dog does not need toys or special attention to feel important; you need to maintain the routine, providing daily walks and consistent leadership. This will help your dog feel secure and allow her to relax about the new addition to the family.
- Forget breed. Don't assume your dog will pose a problem based on breed alone. Sure, babies have been bitten by Rottweilers and pit bulls, but they have also been injured by labs, chows, and mixed breeds.
- Your child's safety comes first. If, after working with a professional and on your own, you are still not 100% confident about the safety of your baby with your dog, then finding your dog another home to protect the well-being of your child and pet is a step you may have to take.
We Can Help With Dog Training
Julius-K9 LLC. is the subsidiary of the two European companies, who own the deservedly famous brand: Julius-K9®, the first brand in the whole world who made funny interchangeable patches available for its harnesses. Julius-K9 LLC. is the U.S. Operational Headquarters, established at the end of 2014. Our objective is to make Julius-K9® products easily available to people who live in North America. Our products have been on the U.S. market since 2005, however, only a portion of people have enjoyed the high-end quality and the uniqueness of our products. The developers at Julius-K9® try to create the perfect harmony between the dog and their owner's work and relationship with the tiniest details. The development, the production, and the testing of the products go far beyond the rigorous requirements of the European Union.
Get Your Top Rated Dog Harness Today!
Get all the information you need when it comes to the best dog training around your newborn baby! When it comes to whether or not you should choose a personalized top rated dog harness for your dog, it depends on your specific situation. If you're looking for the best no pull dog harness, call Julius K-9, a top U.S. distributor today!